Homeowners are responsible for removing ice from the sidewalk in front of their house. If you cannot remove the ice, putting a sand/salt mix on top of it can help people get across it safely. Salt/sand mix is available free to homeowners in the City.
Residential Sand & Salt Mix is available to City Residents free of charge at:
- Atwell Park, on the corner of Jordan and Soo Marie
- Morton Park, on the corner of Michigan and Bush
- The corner of Phillips and College
- The corner of Fifth Ave. & Second St.
- See a Map of these Locations (PDF)
Sand/Salt mix for residential sidewalks is also available to City residents free-of-charge, and at all hours, outside the Recycling Drop-Off area by the City Garage at 100 Sixth Ave.
- Each resident is limited to two (2) five-gallon buckets
- You provide your own buckets/pails.