The City of Stevens Point has brought back self-serve sand & salt mix for residential sidewalk use, available regionally throughout the City. This sand & salt mixture is also still available to residents Free-of-Charge at the City Garage at 100 Sixth Ave.
Residential Sand & Salt Mix is available at:
- Atwell Park, on the corner of Jordan and Soo Marie
- Morton Park, on the corner of Michigan and Bush
- The corner of Phillips and College
- The corner of Fifth Ave. & Second St.
- See a Map of these Locations (PDF)
Sand for residential sidewalks is also available to City residents Free-of-Charge at the City Garage at 100 Sixth Ave.
- Each resident is limited to two (2) five-gallon buckets
- You provide your own buckets/pails.
It's your responsibility to keep your sidewalk clear and not slippery or hazardous. If you absolutely cannot remove the snow and ice, putting the sand/salt mix on top of it can help people get across it safely.
Thank you for keeping the sidewalk in front of your property safe for your neighbors and others who uses them to travel through your neighborhood!