The City of Stevens Point has brought back self-serve sand barrels for residential sidewalk use. There are four barrels located regionally throughout the City. Sand is also still available to residents Free-of-Charge at the City Garage at 100 Sixth Ave.
Sand barrels are located at:
- Atwell Park, on the corner of Jordon and Soo Marie
- Morton Park, on the corner of Michigan and Bush
- Mead Park, on the corner of West River Dr and West Whitney
- And on the corner of Phillips and College.
Sand for sidewalks is also available to residents Free-of-Charge at the City Garage at 100 Sixth Ave. It can be picked up when the Recycling Drop-Off is open:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:00 - 7:00 PM
- Saturdays, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Each resident is limited to two (2) five-gallon buckets
- You provide your own buckets/pails.
Thank you for keeping the sidewalk in front of your property safe for your neighbors and others who uses them to travel through your neighborhood!