Specialized Computer Systems, 836 Main St. on "The Square" in downtown Stevens Point, is the latest business to benefit from the City's Downtown Façade Improvement Grant Program. Improvements included brick work, new window glass, new doors, and more.
This was the very first façade improvement grant project approved in 2012, and was awarded a total of $16,425 which included:
• Brick work that included grinding out of bad joints, pressure washing, and tuck pointing.
• Installation of new Low-E Glass Glaze windows and dark bronze aluminum trim with anodized finish on the ground floor.
• Installation of new anodized finish, Low-E Glaze doors for both first floor entrances and the basement entrance.
• Replacement of rotted wood paneling and trim.
• Painting of window and door trim, wood paneling, and the cornice along the rooftop.