The National Bike Challenge is an opportunity for City of Stevens Point employees to earn points (money deposited into your HSA) in the Citys Wellness Incentive Program. The Challenge started May 1, but you can join any time before it ends on Sept. 30.
To qualify for HSA incentive points, you must bike an average of 5 miles per week throughout the entire challenge – or 200 miles total between the day you sign up and September 30. When the challenge is over, print the screen from the Challenge website that shows your total mileage and attach it to your Program Activity List. Fill in the number of points you earn on page 4 in the box titled “Participate in an organized walking, running, cycling, skiing, or swimming event.”
As is stated on the Activity list, an employee with Single health insurance coverage can earn 75 points. An employee with Family insurance coverage can earn 50 points for their own participation, 50 points for their spouse’s participation, or 150 points if the employee and spouse both participate.
How to Join the Bike Challenge:
1) Go to the Bike Challenge Website
2) Click the big green “Join” button 3) If you participated in previous years and already have an Endomondo account, click “Join the Challenge (I already have an Endomondo account)” If not, click “Join the Challenge (I don’t have an Endomondo account)”
4) Follow the instructions. You must use your real name when joining.5) Important: where it says “What is the name of your employer or college/university” you must enter City of Stevens Point (spelled exactly like that).
6) Spouses who are not city employees should not list City of Stevens Point as their workplace. They can list their own workplace, or not list a workplace at all.
How to participate in the Challenge:
1) After signing up, go back to the Challenge website and Log your Miles every time you ride your bike. You must log 200 miles before the Challenge ends on September 30.2) Miles must be logged before Midnight on the last day of each month. All other rules for participation in the Challenge are listed on the Challenge website.
Parks Dept. employee John Quirk has participated the last three years and is available to assist anyone who has trouble signing up or logging miles. Email John or call him at (715) 346-1535 if you need help.
Have fun, and stay safe! Obey all traffic laws and wear a helmet when riding.