March 18, 2020 3:36 PM
City Departments have been coordinating internally and with outside agencies to develop and implement plans to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In response to the outbreak the City recommends the following:
• Avoid traveling to areas with confirmed cases of infection or that are known to be high transmission areas
• Cancel events or gatherings of more than 10 people, take extra precautions or consider canceling smaller events, and minimize your time public or commercial spaces with large amounts of people
• Continue to wash and sanitize your hands frequently, as well as clean common surfaces regularly
• Don’t shake hands, don’t touch your face
• Cover your cough or sneeze
• Enact social distancing as much as possible when gathered with friends or in the work place – keeping a distance of 6 feet between you and others
• If you get sick, don’t go to work, and call your medical provider before going in for treatment
• Acquire needed prescriptions and supplies in case you need to suddenly self-quarantine.
The City is also reviewing continuity plans for departments and instituting a series of internal measures to ensure the safety of our employees and residents who may interact.
Residents are encouraged to stay up to date by visiting the CDC’s coronavirus website at http://www.coronavirus.gov; stevenspoint.com/coronavirus and the Portage County Health Department.