Medicine & Sharps
Residents may drop-off medications at the Stevens Point or Plover Police Departments.
- Stevens Point Police Department, 933 Michigan Avenue, Stevens Point, WI
- Plover Police Department, 2420 Post Road, Plover, WI
- Do not drop-off
- empty medicine containers
- radioactive medicines
- syringes or needles (see below)
Disposing of Sharps
Sharps must be disposed of separately from regular trash and recyclables to keep workers safe from accidental sticks.
The Portage County Solid Waste Department works with local pharmacies to provide a safe and economical collection program only for residents who use sharps at home.
The following pharmacies participate in this program:
- Copps - Plover (715) 345-7175
- Metro Market - Stevens Point (715) 345-7175
- Trig’s- Stevens Point (715) 341-6102
- MRF (Recycling Center) - Plover (715) 345-5970
- Hometown Pharmacy - Stevens Point (715) 997-5195
- Hometown Pharmacy - Plover (715) 544-6272
Please call the collection location directly to confirm their hours and procedures.
All locations will accept sharps in a commercial sharps disposal container or in a labeled heavy plastic container, such as a detergent bottle, with a screw-on cap. When the container is three-quarters full, seal and label, then take it to any of the registered sharps collection locations mentioned above..
This Household Sharps Collection Program is paid for and sponsored by the Portage County Solid Waste Department, which appreciates the assistance and cooperation of the participating pharmacies.