Committees, Boards, Commissions
Standing Committees of the Common Council
Appointments to these four committees are made by the Mayor on or before May 1 of each year, subject to confirmation by the common council. The Mayor appoints every alderperson to at least one standing committee. The standing committees meet back-to-back on the second Monday of the month.
Board of Public Works
- Mayor Mike Wiza, Keely Fishler, Chris Tiffany, Mary Kneebone, Shaun Morrow, Ginger Keymer, Dean Shuda
- Marc Christianson (Chairperson), Shaun Morrow (Vice-Chairperson),Lara Broderick, David Shorr, Dean Shuda
- David Shorr (Vice-Chairperson), Lara Broderick, Sam Lang, David Plaisance, Allison Birr
Public Policy & General Government Committee
- Keely Fishler (Chairperson), Ginger Keymer (Vice Chairperson), Sam Lang, David Plaisance, Mary Kneebone
Other Boards & Commissions
The City of Stevens Point Common Council has the legal responsibility to carry out decisions that affect the welfare of the entire community. However, nearly 25 boards and commissions play a significant role in the process of deciding which issues go in front of the Common Council.
Police & Fire Commission
The Optional Power Board of Police and Fire Commissioners has powers, duties, functions, and authorities under Section 62.13 of the Wis. State statutes.
Police & Fire Commission Administrative Policies
Police & Fire Commission Members
- Thomas J. Zenner email@example.com
- Joseph Kirschling firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jerry Moore email@example.com
- Robert Ostrowski firstname.lastname@example.org
- Denise Mrozek email@example.com
- Ald. Mary Kneebone (City Council Liaison) firstname.lastname@example.org
Serve Your Community
If you are an eligible voter who resides in the City of Stevens Point, please consider using your dedication, vision, experience, and enthusiasm by serving on one or more boards and commissions. Appointments are typically made in April or May, but vacancies vary, so please feel free to apply at any time, even if a board or commission that interests you does not currently have an opening, When a position becomes available, you may be considered for it.