Prescription Drugs

Disposing Unused or Expired Prescriptions

Do you have unused or expired prescription or over-the-counter medications in your home? Individuals may drop off prescription and over-the-counter medicines such as pills, liquids, and creams, pet medicine, and vitamins. Leave the medicine in the original container keeping the name of medication for easier identification. Please remove your personal information (name, address, and phone number) from the bottles.

Bring these unwanted medications in their original containers to the following Drop Box Locations in Portage County:

Stevens Point Point Police Department, 933 Michigan Ave.

Plover On the lobby wall of the Plover Police Dept. This location is available Monday thru Friday 7:30 AM to 5 PM. Enter through 2420 Post Road entrance.

For more information on collection of these items, contact the Portage County Solid Waste Department:

Call 715-345-5969 or 715-344-8198