Facts & Statistics
Facts & Statistics Links
- City Awards & Recognitions
- City Statistics (PDF)
- Community Data from UW-Extension
- Community Profile at Zoompreospector
- List of Major Employers in Stevens Point
Location and Climate
- Stevens Point is centrally located in the state on the Wisconsin River encompassing the intersection of Interstate 39 and State Highway 10 in Portage County.
- We are approximately 110 miles north of Madison, 250 miles northwest of Chicago, and 215 miles east of Minneapolis.
- See a map of Stevens Point.
- Our average high temperature is 82 and the average low is 23.
- See a Stevens Point weather forecast.
Size and Population
- According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 15.96 mi². The city is adjacent to smaller municipalities including the villages of Park Ridge, Plover, and Whiting, and the towns of Hull and Plover.
- The estimated population of Stevens Point is 26,717.
- Major employers in Stevens Point include Associated Bank, Canadian National Railway, City of Stevens Point, Community Care of Central Wisconsin, Delta Dental of Wisconsin, Donaldson Company, Herrschners, Lands' End, Ascension St. Michael's Hospital, Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection, Portage County, Roundy's Corporation, Sentry Insurance, Skyward, Stevens Point Brewery, Stevens Point School District, AIG, Trig's, United Parcel Service, University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, Verso Corporation, Whiting Paper, Worzalla Publishing, Ki Mobility, Copps Food Center, Aspirus Stevens Point Hospital, and Marshfield Clinic Stevens Point.
- A number of companies have corporate headquarters in the city, including Delta Dental of Wisconsin, Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection, Sentry Insurance, and AIG. Associated Bank and Donaldson Company operate regional headquarters in Stevens Point.
- Stevens Point has extensive educational opportunities, and is home to a University of Wisconsin campus and a Mid-State Technical College campus.
- The Stevens Point Area Public School District includes ten elementary schools, two junior high schools, and one high school, known as SPASH.
- Stevens Point also has a number of parochial schools and private schools.
- Stevens Point is home to Ascension Saint Michael's Hospital, Aspirus Stevens Point Campus, Marshfield Clinic Stevens Point Center, and several other medical clinics.
Visitors & Activities
- The Portage County Business Council serves as Stevens Point's Chamber of Commerce.
- The Association of Downtown Businesses is an independent group of business owners that promotes the historic and economic redevelopment of downtown area and also offers information about available establishments and activities to visitors.
- Visit the Stevens Point Area Convention and Visitors Bureau for a list of other activities, businesses, churches, hotels/motels/lodging, restaurants, a calendar of events, and a brief history of Stevens Point.
- You can also find a Calendar of Special Events here and on our Community Television channel.
- There are five newspapers in Stevens Point: one daily, one weekly, a buyers/shoppers guide, and an online paper.
- Stevens Point has two movie theaters.