2-1-1 for Information
Do you have a question or non-emergency problem you don't know how to handle, and you're not sure where to turn?
Thanks to the United Way's 2-1-1 hotline, information specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide free and confidential information for connecting people to services that will best meet their needs.
So the next time you have a question, whether it's about services for children or the elderly, food, counseling, recreation, health, consumer protection, or other topics, simply dial 2-1-1 to
GET CONNECTED and GET ANSWERS.
NOTE: Some cellular phone users may still need to dial 848-2255 or 1-800-922-5590, as not all wireless providers have programmed their systems to transfer 2-1-1 calls.
You can also search for community services online (Marathon and Portage Counties).
United Way's 2-1-1 yog siv ib txuj hauvkev paab cov kws tsi paub lug Aakiv zoo. Thaum koj hu 2-1-1, thov has lu lug "lees-nkiv lais Moob."
Sijhawm koj tseem nyob huv xuvtooj, peb tug ua num maam txuas txuj xuvtooj 3 rua tug txhais lug. Thaum tug txhais lug paab peb sishas lawm, peb maam thaam txug koj cov lugnug txug kev paabcuam huv zejzog, hab nrhav kev paabcuam rua koj ib yaam le peb nrhav paab cov tuabneeg zejzog kws has lug Aakiv.
United Way's 2-1-1 utiliza un servicio en línea para idiomas dirigido a las personas que llaman con dificultades para hablar el inglés. Cuando llames al 2-1-1, por favor pregunta por "Spanish Language Line."
A continuación y contigo en el teléfono nuestro especialista en información hará una llamada en conferencia (de 3 partes) con un intérprete. Con la ayuda del intérprete, podremos conversar sobre tus preguntas de la comunidad y ofrecerte la misma información y servicio de referencia que ofrecemos a nuestros vecinos de habla inglesa.
Examples of Questions that could be answered by calling 2-1-1:
- How and where do I get a passport?
- I have a stove & refrigerator I'd like to donate to someone in need. Who should I call?
- My babysitter is moving. How can I find childcare?
- What in-home care services and housing options are available for my elderly friend?
- My husband has been laid off. Where can we get some budget counseling and help paying the rent? We're also struggling to buy groceries.
- I'm thinking about sending our son to preschool but don't know where to start. Can you send me a list of preschools?
- Where can I get information about autism? Is there a support group in the area?
- I found a dead crow in my yard. What should I do?
- I'm new to the area. Do you have a list of clubs and organizations where I could volunteer? I'd like to get involved in the community and meet other people.
- My neighbor's husband passed away and she is very depressed and lonely. Are there any support groups or counseling services that could help her?
- Can you tell me more about BadgerCare?