Garbage & Recycling Information
- The City collects garbage once a week and recyclables every other week.
- Garbage & recyclables must be in your carts and must fit with the lid closed.
- Garbage & recyclables must be placed directly into your cart. If you put them in a bag inside your cart, the bag must be clear or transparent. Collection crews must be able to see the contents while dumping it.
- If you need to dispose of an item that is too large to fit into your cart, you can purchase a bulk item pick-up tag at the City Treasure's Office or bring the bulk item to the Stevens Point Drop-off Site during drop-off hours for a fee.
- All carts must be at curb or street side by 7:00 a.m. They cannot be out earlier than 6:00 p.m. the day before collection and must be off curb/street side by 12:00 midnight the day of collection. Any garbage or recyclables placed out beyond these hours is subject to removal with the costs charged to the property owner.
- Garbage and recyclables not in compliance with these requirements will be tagged with non-collection information and will not be collected.
- Bulk Item Pickup
- Carts - Disability Assistance
- Carts - Add / Exchange Carts
- Carts - Where to Put Your Carts Collection Collection Collection Collection Collection
- Collection Schedule GIS Map Opens a New Window. (Find Your Collection Day by Address)
- Collection Schedule (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Compost Collection Program Opens a New Window.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What We Collect and What We Do Not Collect
- Demolition materials are accepted the first Saturday of each month, for a fee.
- Drop-Off Hours and Location
- Electronics (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Find an Electronics Recycling Site Near You Opens a New Window.
- Home Hazardous Waste (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Hours & Location
- Instructions / Information (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Medicine & Sharps (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Po. Co. Recycling MRF (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Po. Co. Transfer Facility (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Scrap metal is now accepted during drop-off hours. Residents may drop off bikes, dryers, water heaters, lawn mowers, most scrap metal, steel or copper pipe, stoves, and washers. We cannot take microwaves as scrap metal.
- What You Can and Can Not Drop Off