How to Pay Parking Citations (Tickets )
Pay Citations Online
Pay by Dropping Payment in one of our Parking Ticket Boxes:
- 1515 Strongs Avenue, just outside the Municipal Court Office (downstairs)
- 933 Michigan Avenue, just inside the Police Department's front doors
Pay at the Police Department
- The Police Department Records Bureau, 933 Michigan Avenue, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday
- Pay in person with Cash or Check only. Credit Card payment is only available online.
- The City of Stevens Point does not accept parking citation payments for other agencies.
Parking Citation Appeals
- You may Appeal a Parking Citation Online Here Parking Citation Appeals Parking Citation Appeals
- Enter your citation number and request appeal.
- Create a log-in account if you haven't already.
- Parking Citation Appeals will not be accepted more than 7 days from issue, or if the citation has already been paid.
- The appeal process can take up to one week.
- Fines will not escalate during the review process.
- If the appeal is denied, you are obligated to pay the fine noted on the ticket within 5 days of notice of denial.
The following reasons are NOT grounds for a successful appeal:
- Didn’t understand the parking laws
- Someone else was driving your vehicle
- Disagreement with or inability to pay the amount of the fine(s)
- Lack of space/parking
- Failed to display permit
- Did not read or misunderstood signs
- Parked illegally for only a few minutes with or without flashers
- Parked at an expired meter for any period of time
Contact for More Information
Lt. Dana Williams
A Safe Exchange Zone has been created at the Stevens Point Police Dept., 933 Michigan Ave., & is available 24/7 for people who want an area for child custody exchanges, online purchase exchanges, transactions, or just a safe meeting area. Read More
Portage County Sheriff’s Office, Stevens Point Police, Plover Police, & Stevens Point Fire Department are pleased to announce the return of the Emergency Services Citizens Academy. Experience what our law enforcement & firefighters do every day! Read More