The following overnight parking regulations will be in effect for the entire year, every day of the week, throughout the entire city - except for the Downtown Business District as described below.
Alternate Side Parking
Alternate side parking is in effect 2:30 AM - 6:00 AM on most city streets (except in the Downtown Business District).
- On odd-numbered days, vehicles may park, stop, or be left standing on the side of the street having odd-numbered addresses.
- On even-numbered days, vehicles may park, stop, or be left standing only on the side of the street having even-numbered addresses.
All overnight parking requirements shall apply to the corresponding calendar date as of 2:30 AM. Example: If it is 9:00 pm on April 21, and you want to park on the street overnight, you would park on the side with the addresses that are even-numbered because April 22 is the date that the 2:30 AM to 6:00 AM parking regulations will be in effect.
Other Parking Restrictions Enforced Overnight
The alternate side parking regulations do not replace more restrictive parking regulations. For example: Parking in "No Parking" zones, within 4 feet of a driveway, within 15 feet of a crosswalk, or within 10 feet of a fire hydrant are never allowed.
- Overnight parking on any roadway is limited to vehicles that have a current registration and are operable.
- Recreational vehicles (RVs) are restricted from overnight parking on any city street unless granted prior authorization from the Chief of Police or designee (Administrative Lieutenant 715-341-4103)
- Trailers of any type shall not be parked overnight on any city street unless:
- The trailer is attached to a motor vehicle
- Owner has been granted prior authorization from the Chief of Police or designee (Administrative Lieutenant 715-341-4103)
Downtown Business District
In the Downtown Business District (See Map) no person shall park any vehicle between the hours of 2:30 AM and 6:00 am on any street or parking lot, with the following exemptions:
- Overnight parking is allowed by permit in Lot #7, Lot #12, and Lot #16
- Permits are $3.00 per night
- There are three ways to buy a permit:
- Buy an Overnight Parking Permit through the Passport Smartphone App (See Instructions Below)
- At the kiosk in Lot #12 and Lot #16, enter your license plate number and pay with credit card or coins
- Buy an Overnight Parking Permit on our Parking Portal Website
You must have or create a user account. Accounts will require vehicle information that will be saved for future permit purchases. Select the permits you need and pay for them securely using your credit card.
- Sign up with email or phone number, accept the Terms & Conditions
- You'll receive a temporary PIN via text or email
- Use the temporary PIN to log in, then create a new 3-digit PIN
- Enter Zone Number 1504 for an Overnight Parking Permit
- Enter your vehicle's License Plate Number
- Enter your Credit/Debit Card information
- Confirm your information and your purchase