Domestic Crisis Information
CAP Services' Family Crisis Center
If you have ever asked yourself any of the following questions:
- What is domestic abuse?
- What is sexual assault?
- What can I do if I'm being abused?
- What if I know someone who is being abused?
- Where can I go for help?
- Am I a victim of domestic abuse or sexual assault?
The Family Crisis Center is a place to contact for help in answering those questions or any other that you may have.
Free and confidential services are provided 24 hours a day by a team of professional staff.
CAP Services' Family Crisis Center, a private not-for-profit organization, provides the following services:
- Emergency shelter for victims of domestic abuse and/or sexual assault and their children
- 24-hour telephone toll-free hotline or walk-in crisis counseling
- Assistance with applications for temporary restraining orders and court accompaniment
- Supportive services for victims, family, and friends
- Support groups for adults, teens, and children who have experienced interpersonal violence
- Referrals and Information to other agencies for longer-term services
- Accompaniment to, and support during, medical examinations and legal proceedings
- Community educational presentations
- Cultural specific support for domestic violence/sexual abuse services for adults and youth through the FCC Hmong Family Strengthening (HFS) program and through the statewide Wisconsin Hmong Family Strengthening Helpline 24/7, with a Hmong speaking advocate 877-740-4292.
The Family Crisis Center also provides services for Children and Youth in crisis. These services include:
- Temporary shelter
- 24-hour telephone response
- Walk-in crisis counseling
- Information and referrals for youth to other supportive services
- Healthy Relationships support group for teens
For more information on the information identified above, please contact the Family Crisis Center at 715-343-7125 or 1-800-472-3377.
For more information, visit the Family Crisis Center Website.
Family Crisis Center
1616 West River Drive
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Fax: (715) 343-7176
A United Way Agency