The City of Stevens Point allocated approximately 30 acres for the use of a fenced leashless dog park and the Point Dog Park committee raised over $40,000 for fencing, gates, and other materials. The Point Dog Park will remain free for all users.
The dog park is at 601 Mason Street. See Map
The dog park is open 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
To ensure a healthy, safe, and fun visit …
- Your dog must be licensed and vaccinated according to your veterinarian's recommendations, including the City's required Rabies vaccination.
- Pick up and dispose of your dog's waste in the receptacles provided. Waste bags are provided for your convenience.
- Dogs must be accompanied by a person 14 years of age or older.
- Please supervise children closely.
- Keep your dog within your view and control at all times. Mischief can happen quickly.
- If your dog becomes unruly and plays too rough, please leash it and leave immediately.
- Inappropriate or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated and may be subject to fines. Report incidents to the Stevens Point Police Department (715) 346-1500.
- Report a bite or scratch to the County Health Officer or a physician within 12 hours.
- Leash your dog outside the designated fenced area.
- Close and latch all gates behind you.
- Dogs in heat, sick (vomiting, diarrhea, cough), with fleas, or under four months old should be left at home.
- Don't smoke or eat in Point Dog Park. Cigarette butts and food wrappers are tempting to dogs, but bad for them.
Be advised that the use of Point Dog Park is at your own risk, including but not limited to the risk of being bitten, scratched, knocked down, tripping, etc.
Dog owners and handlers are personally and legally responsible for your animals. You are using Point Dog Park at your own risk and are personally and legally liable. By informing users of the risks involved in using Point Dog Park, the City of Stevens Point and State of Wisconsin assumes no liability per state statute 895.52 Recreational Activities; Limitation of Property Owners Liability.
Dog Park Contact
717 Franklin Street
Stevens Point, WI 5448
Phone: (715) 341-1136
Email Mike Wiza
The Parks, Recreation, & Forestry Dept. requests proposals for a service contract to provide paddle craft (kayak, canoe, tube, paddleboard, etc.) equipment rentals at Bukolt Park and Iverson Park and leasing the three vacant City-owned buildings. See the Complete RFP For More Info (PDF)
City of Stevens Point parks and trail systems are open, but all playgrounds are CLOSED until further notice. The use of playgrounds is prohibited due to the spread of the coronavirus and Governor Tony Evers' “Safer at Home” order. Read More
The Stevens Point Parks, Recreation & Forestry Dept. is following Covid-19 information released by the CDC & the Wisconsin Dept. of Health Services as we make decisions about upcoming events and activities, and we have canceled several upcoming events. Read More