Parks, Recreation & Forestry
The Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department improves quality of life by preserving the City’s natural beauty and providing activities & facilities for the residents and visitors of Stevens Point.
Reserve Park Facilities Online
Lodge reservations for 2020 & 2021 are now open online. Please read our
Health & Safety Guidelines for Stevens Point Parks, Recreation & Forestry Facility Rentals (PDF).
Reservations require the creation of an account and payment.
Need Help? Read our Step-by-Step Instructions (PDF)
Parks Dept. Resources
- ens in New Window 2018-2022 Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (PDF)
- History of our Parks
- Special Event Permit Application (PDF) Opens in New Window
- Special Event Permit Rules & Guidelines (PDF)
- Street Tree Inventory Map
- Living Trees & Celebration Bench Memorials
- Volunteer of the Year Program Information (PDF)
- Volunteer of the Year Nominee Form (PDF) Opens in New Window
To receive notices via email and/or text message whenever news stories about Parks, Recreation, and Forestry are posted here, go to our Notify Me Module Opens in New Window and sign up for the "Parks & Rec" News Flashes.
The City of Stevens Point is partnering with North Central Conservancy Trust (NCCT), Central Rivers Farmshed, American Transmission Company (ATC), and UWSP Students for Sustainability to celebrate Earth Day 2021 with a fruit tree planting on April 19th. Read More
The City of Stevens Point will upgrade the permanent boat docks in Bukolt Park this spring. The docks are over 25 years old, and heavy usage along with repeated winter freeze-thaw cycles have made them unsafe for use and unable to be repaired this season. Read More