The Council Housing Taskforce is advisory to the Common Council. Appointments shall be made by the Mayor and confirmed by the Council. The charge to the Taskforce is to research, recommend and support new policies and strategies aimed at addressing these housing issue areas. The policy recommendations and strategies will be detailed in a report which will be presented to the Council no later than December 31, 2022.
- Housing availability
- Housing affordability
- Housing stock quality and diversity of stock
- Housing equity
- Housing insecurity and homelessness
The Taskforce will be expected to:
- Research and develop recommendations to address each housing issue area.
- The recommendations could fall into short-term, mid-term and long-term strategies.
- Ideally each issue area would include three to five (3-5) recommendations, with suggested procedures for achieving recommendations, as well as identifying local, state of federal partners to assist in a successful outcome.
- Jennifer Leck, Salvation Army Housing Case Manager
- Brandon Taylor, Property Manager and Realtor
- BobbieJoy Amann, CAP Services Executive Support Specialist
- Tiffani Krueger, Evergreen Community Initiatives
- Jason Blenker, Blenker Construction
- Travis Haines, Candlewood Properties
- Noah Eschenbauch, First Weber Realty/Property owner
- Jane Johnson, One Big Tent
- Rachel Leach, Director of Door2Dreams
- ldowu Odedosu, Executive Director Stevens Point Housing Authority
- Chris Klesmith, Project Activator - CREATE Portage County
- Lisa Bellavin, Stevens Point Community Development
- Polly Dalton, Stevens Point Alderperson
- Meleesa Johnson, Council President (required)
- Mayor Mike Wiza, Stevens Point Administration Representative